Ten years ago, Partel was started as a supply and development facility largely focused on technical solutions for low-energy construction.
Energy-efficiency, technical knowledge, and quality have been part of the business from day one.
Today, after ten years of continuous innovation, Partel is capable of supporting product research and applications development that includes all types of air and windtight systems, technical adhesives tapes and sealants, thermal bridging, and ventilation solutions.
From Energy-Efficiency to a Smarter Way to Build, Together
What began with a partnership of two people in 2011, in Galway, Ireland, has expanded and grown over the last 10 years. Lead by the driving force of Hugh Whiriskey, Founder and Technical Director of Partel, his expertise in engineering and architecture shaped the way of developing reliable high-performance solutions for the low-energy market.
From our very first solutions delivered to the next coming decades, we will continue working closely with our clients and partners to innovate and apply the latest advances in technology to provide smart building components, with a wide range of solutions. And always in a responsible, sustainable way.
With a decade of experience in developing technical knowledge, our daily focus remains on energy-efficient buildings for low-carbon cities.
Driven by sustainable performance
During the 10 years of constant and responsible activity many things have happened:
- Partel's product portfolio now includes 32 products developed under its own brand
- Developed a programme of 5 own CPD Webinars covering fundamental topics related to Airtightness, Thermal Bridging, Fire-Resistant Structures, and Ventilation
- RIBA Assessed CPD for "Best Practice for Air and Windtight Structures" Seminar
- Partnership with the WWETB construction training centers in Ireland and key centers in the USA for upskilling of industry professionals on Passive House, nZEB design, and hands-on practices
- Quality certifications and awards attesting the performance and sustainability of Partel's airtight and thermal bridging systems: phA Class for the IZOPERM PLUS system, including VARA SEAL and CONEXO adhesive tapes, together with ACRABOND multi-purpose adhesive, GEV Emicode® - tested tapes that bear the EC1PLUS mark, and Best Exterior Product Awards for ALMA-T Threshold
- Partel’s airtight systems have contributed to tens of thousands of projects, comprising of residential and commercial buildings, located in Ireland, the UK, North America, and Europe.
Among Partel’s portfolio of future projects and the firm's route to a zero-carbon built environment, is the new Partel PH office building in Ireland, planned for completion in 2022.
“The new office will be designed and built using high levels of energy efficiency and quality building envelope systems, characterised by superior indoor air quality and minimal energy consumption.” said Hugh Whiriskey.
The power of dedicated people
We mark our 10th anniversary with the unwavering contribution of the dedicated team and launch the campaign ‘Performance powered by passion’. A campaign that aims to promote our people, their beliefs, and valuable work in the journey to a low-carbon built environment.
Partel's employees - professionals coming from different cultural backgrounds - are passionate and committed to enhancing the company's role as a reliable partner for its clients, able to face the challenges of the fast-paced built environment.
“During these last 10 years, our passion for technology, passive design, the unique competencies and skills of our people, and our commitment to a responsible business have been the engine behind our daily efforts to invest in high-performance building envelope systems for our clients. Our ambition is to follow this path, keeping our eye on building relationships that thrive and strengthen our position as a trusted leading specialist in developing airtight and thermal bridging solutions” concludes Hugh Whiriskey.
We are all looking forward to celebrating this sustainable growth and will be announcing further details on other activities in the coming months.