Airtight Downlight Cover
Why IZOTHERM COVER?
Typically 25% of household energy wastage is lost through air leakage.
Downlights are the source of a high proportion of air leakage in the home, each down-light can typically pass 20 cubic meters of conditioned air from the house into the attic space per hour at 50pa pressure and this air and energy are lost.
The IZOTHERM COVER is an innovative one-stop solution for achieving a safe, easy-to-install sealing system for downlights.
Our downlight covers have been developed to maximise energy savings and to reduce the amount of heat lost through the installation of downlights in ceilings by creating an air-tight seal around the lamp. Installing downlights can reduce the effectiveness of loft insulation by up to 30% so when trying to meet building regulations, or make a building as thermally efficient as possible, downlights can make all the difference.
- Reduce the risk of condensation
- Reduce draughts
- Improve air quality in living areas by reducing the airflow
- Works in tandem with heat recovery systems (controlled airflow)
- Can be fitted quickly and easily by anyone
- Can help reduce noise entering and escaping through downlights
- Compliant with the latest building regulations
- Manufactured from recyclable flame-retardant material
- Reduces fire risk from household storage items
IZOTHERM COVER 140 is the most popular solution as it can be easily fitted over most downlights. Squared sides allow for fitting close to the joist and there are four corner flanges for fixing in position.
Dimensions: 186 x 186 x 95 mm
IZOTHERM COVER 95 has been specially designed for use in sloped ceilings or fitting into a 100mm floor. The overall height of 95mm allows for fitting where height is restricted and maximum space for insulation is required.
Dimensions: 190 x 190 x 140mm
- Our Airtight Downlight Covers are extremely easy to install and do not need to be installed by an insulation professional. Simply clear the area around the downlight after turning off the power. Making sure to clean the surface of dust and debris. After this affix, the downlight covers into place with the wires of the light fitting neatly through the gaps in the downlight cover. If preferred, water-based adhesive or airtight tapes to fix the downlight cover to the base. Loft insulation is then fitted over IZOTHERM COVERS
- IZOTHERM COVERS were developed to be fitted over downlights which are situated in ceilings to lofts and attics
- IZOTHERM COVERS also allow you to fit more insulation which means reduced heat loss